Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Source Code

Geekbert's Take

The best word to describe this movie is...cute. I imagined one thing and it just didn't live up to my expectations. While this doesn't mean that it wasn't good, it didn't even graze the greatness murmurs. It's like a poor man's Inception meets DeJavu (Another underachiever). Intricate and unique concept but very short and unnecessarily sped up (Less than 90 minutes). The saving grace for the movie is the "time traveler" headache that...well...is a staple of time traveling movies? I'm pretty sure there is a huge plot flaw at the end of the movie, but I'm still struggling through the sequences to be sure. To me, that can be a sign of a good movie and in this case it was. Jake put on a great show as usual and it couldn't have come at a better time. I'll give him a pass on Love and Other Drugs but Prince of Persia? Bad Jake! This film falls in my category of, "Glad I saw it, probably won't see it again". See it after Adjustment Bureau, Limitless, and Lincoln Lawyer.

3/5 Limbs
***CLICK ON THE MOVIES LINK FOR EXPLANATION ON RATINGS***

No comments:

Post a Comment